New - Short-term Suspensions OFF - Storylines turned OFF
39%
New - Short-term Suspensions ON - Storylines turned OFF
43%

Total votes: 23

DavidJ

POLL 2033: Suspensions & Storylines

Post by DavidJ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:13 pm

At the moment we have "Suspensions" turned OFF.
We have "Storylines" turned ON in ABL.

Sorry in advance for the length of this post.

Recently, in another of my leagues, one of the GM's had a ML roster player that suffered an 80-Game PED.
Long story semi-short:

Apparently when MLB started their OOTP license the previously included ability to check/uncheck "drug suspensions" was removed from the game (actually hidden in the game). If an entirely fictional game, it could still have been triggered, but if any MLB franchises were involved, no PED's. And if any league was started in, or before, v18 that line of code was still actually in the game, which you only found out when it happened.

After consulting one of the game developers, there actually is a way to turn the checkbox for the "drug suspensions" back on, which allows the checkbox to dictate whether the PED suspensions happen.

I HAVE TURNED THAT ABILITY ON IN ABL AND HAVE LEFT THE CHECK BOX UNCHECKED.
What that does in ensure 80-Game PED suspensions will NOT happen.

In some cases a league would turn OFF "suspensions" to ensure the 80's would not happen, when really it was a separate item. That could very well have been the case in ABL?? But that also removes the shorter-term, and in my opinion more realistic, ejections and two-three-seven game suspensions, which happen in baseball.

ABL has "Storylines" currently active and frankly, I find them more random and semi-unrealistic and honestly don't think they really fit an online environment, when you could potentially lose a player to injury when they trip over their cat. I would like to turn them OFF.

But, I would like to propose some options to entertain in ABL which we can all vote on.

PED's will remain OFF going forward regardless - "Executive Decision". :D
  1. As Is - Short-Term Suspensions OFF - Storylines ON
  2. Short-term suspensions OFF - Storylines turned OFF
  3. Short-term suspensions ON now - Storylines turned OFF
I purposely did not include both Suspensions and Storylines ON because I honestly think that is a bad move and would only cause grief when they started becoming more frequent.

Please VOTE!
GM Arizona / Commissioner
Arizona 2042+
NY Yankees 2024-2041
Cleveland 2022-2023
Vancouver 2019
Anaheim 2018