Skyline Baseball

Forums for the Skyline Baseball League
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:10 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:32 am 

My multi-league philosophy

First and foremost, the number of leagues that you’re a member of is controlled by how much time you have dedicated to the game as well as the sim pace. A lot of people have the time for 5-7 leagues, but that number should be 1-3 and I’ll explain why.

I used to be in 5 leagues, but I realized that I was not truly involved with running my organizations as a whole. I could only dedicate 10-20 minutes per league, per night. This affected my ability to trade, make the right call ups, and ultimately fall short of my team’s potential. I also realized that I had no idea who was in my system and that affected my ability to plan for the future. Because of this, I decided that I needed to do something different.

I dropped all my leagues to one. I’m not saying that you should too, but if you’re not 100% committed to a league, you should drop it because you’re just wasting time. What I found was that I could take the time I spent in the other leagues and budget it for my single league. This allowed me to really follow every team in my organization. It’s almost like having 7 leagues in one.

By cutting down my leagues, I am spending more time on each of my levels, I became extremely familiar with all my players which helps their development, and it makes trading so much easier. I’m able to plan for the future because I know exactly what I have in my organization. It also exciting to see all the players I know advance through the system to one day play in the bigs.

Another benefit of reducing your league count is that you get to know your league-mates better, which again allows for better trading. Effective trading is the key to any league’s championship.

GM of the Pittsburgh Pirates