Penalties for Illegal Contracts

General governance of the CLUB.
aaron

Penalties for Illegal Contracts

Post by aaron » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:06 am

The leadership committee and I have been talking and think it is best to institute some penalties for illegal contracts in the CLUB. While I do not want many rules to weigh down the "fun" of the league, I think it is best to acknowledge those who are following the rules and provide fair and sensible penalties for not reading the rules. I understand that nobody is perfect and mistakes happen. These rules are not meant to overly penalize, but they are meant to ensure that GMs that offer illegal contracts are remediated and not provided endless "fresh" chances, which could be perceived as unfair.

Illegal Contract Penalties

Player is offered a multi-year extension before reaching arbitration: Contract shortened to one year at the highest guaranteed year, which will not count as an arbitration year if under 3 years ML service time at the time of extension.

Contract with a year valued above $10M in which the lowest year is less than half of highest year: any years less than 60% of highest contract year will be raised to 60% of highest contract year.

Two options years that are not the same: Both option years become guaranteed, 10% added to both.

Incentives too high (i.e. above 550 PAs): Incentive will be lowered to the maximum incentive threshold, minus 150% overage of your offer. (ex - you offered 600 PA incentive, max is 550. Penalty will be the incentive kicks in at 475 PAs (550 - 75 = 475))

Total incentives over 25% of lowest contract year: ALL incentives become guaranteed for every contract year.

Vesting option incentive too high: Vesting option will become guaranteed.

Every new member to the CLUB will have a 60 day (real life) grace period in which one violation will be voided without penalty.