2023 Media Day

alexsheft

2023 Media Day

Post by alexsheft » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:49 pm

We forgot this last year! It's always nice to hear how GMs thought the offseason went, and familiarize ourselves with the rest of the league. Please take a moment to answer the following questions.

1. In general, how did the offseason go?
2. What's the most significant change you made to your team?
3. Who are you going to miss the most off of last years team?
4. If you're in a lower division, how long til you see yourself getting promoted to the top?
5. Whose the worst player in the league? The one player you hate. The one player you wish a career ending injury to every day? Has it changed from last year?
6. What's your greatest moment in the CLUB last season?
7. Who is your biggest CLUB rival, and, will they win your division or finish ahead of you?
8. Who do you envision finishing top 2 in the FED, PRO, and Champions league?
9. CLUB World Series prediction. Who is playing and who is winning.

Jon's Brew Crew

Re: 2023 Media Day

Post by Jon's Brew Crew » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:27 am

Quieter than I would have liked. The FA market seemed very underwhelming to me, so I banked on in-team development with some guys hopefully ready for a step up in production.

Brewers will be pretty much the same team they were last season. The recent pitching additions of SPs Foster Griffin and Antonio Senzatela are probably the biggest changes, and the Crew is planning on using 8 to 10 different starters this year. On offense, the team is confident Larry Ernesto, promoted from AAA late last season, should provide decent offensive production to go alone with great defense.

Anthony Rendon, who was actually brought back only to get injured for the whole season about a week after signing. Otherwise, pretty much the whole of last year's players will be back, and the few who aren't should not be missed.

4. If you're in a lower division, how long til you see yourself getting promoted to the top?
I'll answer this one next off-season.

5. Whose the worst player in the league? The one player you hate. The one player you wish a career ending injury to every day? Has it changed from last year?
Anyone on the dodgers because they're insanely stacked.

Getting promoted!

7. Who is your biggest CLUB rival, and, will they win your division or finish ahead of you?
I'm not sure that I even have one. Too much of an underdog.

CLB : Dodgers and Angels (again)
PRO : D-Backs and Cards
FED : Reds and White Sox

Dodgers and A's, part III. nnana finally wins.

CTBrewCrew

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 am

It was pretty quiet - not much of a player in big FA. I think the mid-lower FA signing of Aaron Hicks on a one year deal to shore up CF until my prospects are ready to arrive.

Releasing Joe Mauer last season - he was a fan favorite & Owner wanted him resigned (it was a goal), but playing the younger kid worked out much better than I anticipated with Evan White.

Nobody - pretty much came back intact and my bullpen recovered from multiple season ending injuries

Only 2nd season with Club - (first full) looking forward to seeing what we can do. I was pleased that I made the playoffs and won a couple of games. I give myself 2-3 years to move up.

Nobody now - gimme time :)

Making the playoffs

Still kinda new to the league - we shall see how it plays out over time.

CLUB - LA & LA
PRO - STL & MIN
FED - KC & DET

LA on LA Crime... with LA winning ;)

alexsheft

Post by alexsheft » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 am

We forgot this last year! It's always nice to hear how GMs thought the offseason went, and familiarize ourselves with the rest of the league. Please take a moment to answer the following questions.

Good, but quiet. We added some pieces in the Rule V as per usual but it was a fairly quiet offseason.

Nothing, really. Moving Sale to the bullpen probably, which was tough. He's really fallen from what he used to be.

Justin Turner. He had a great year for us, but was too expensive to keep around and we need to give Aiello more of a shot.

Alex Reyes for perfect gaming us last year!

Almost, almost overthrowing the Dodgers and giving the CLB a new champion.

Dodgers. I think it'll be close this year, and we have a real good shot at coming out on top.

CLB: LAD/LAA
PRO: SFG/TOR
FED: CIN/WAS

Oakland finally wins. Oakland over Giants in a Bay Bridge series.

joryBlueJays

Post by joryBlueJays » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:41 am

It was an offseason. yep. I forget if I did anything.

Really not that much was done. I suppose extending vladdy and moncada.

Charlie Blackmon. I could have resigned him but he's sadly dropped off hard.

Never

Eric Pardinho

It was really just a boring season last year. Can't think of a specific one.

Giants I suppose. Atleast this year

CLB: HOU/ATL
PRO: SFG/BAL
FED: COL/MIA

Houston wins over Atlanta for the maymays