2019 Inaugural Media Day

Post articles here about your team or the CLUB.
alexsheft

Re: 2019 Inaugural Media Day

Post by alexsheft » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 pm

1. Tell us about yourself! What's your name/Where are you from/What do you like to do outside OOTP/What's your favorite MLB team?
I'm Alex, currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area but moving to upstate New York in a week and a half for college. When I'm not doing OOTP, I'm usually playing competitive badminton or board games with my friends. I'm a huge Giants fan, although there's a couple other teams I follow tangentially as well. I read Fangraphs a lot, and overall enjoy growing my knowledge of the game.
2. How long have you been playing OOTP, and what's your greatest OOTP accomplishment so far?
I've been playing since version 13, although I've only played online for a little over a year now. However, I can't see myself ever going back. Greatest accomplishments have to be my two old CLUB WS titles.
3. Why did you pick your CLUB team? What do you think will be easy with this team, and what might be a challenge? Who or what are you most excited about?
I'm a big fan of the Rays' approach in real life, and have followed them somewhat closely. I'm excited for the challenge of managing an extreme small market, but one that is set up well right now.
4. What short and/or long term goals do you have for your team?
WS or bust!
5. WS prediction?
It probably will be Dodgers/Astros, but for the sake of being unique... Minnesota/Atlanta
6. Anything else you want to share, or that we should know?

khlod

Post by khlod » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 pm

My name is Claude, I'm a french canadian from Sherbrooke, QC. I work for a publisher of educational material. In real life, I'm a hardcore Dodgers fan, waiting for the Expos to come back in MTL! I've been playing OOTP since 2 years now, and a big fan of Perfect team. I was managing the CWS during the last 2 CLUB seasons, Happy to be with the Brewers now...feel like I have more chance of being competitive...

aaron

Post by aaron » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:41 pm

As we begin the inaugural season of our reboot, I thought it would be great to share a little about ourselves and what our hopes are for our (possibly new) CLUB teams. Please take some time before the season begins to answer these questions:

1. Tell us about yourself! What's your name/Where are you from/What do you like to do outside OOTP/What's your favorite MLB team?
Hey all! I'm Aaron, I'm from Washington State, I work in the schools, and my favorite MLB team is the Seattle Mariners.
2. How long have you been playing OOTP, and what's your greatest OOTP accomplishment so far?
I've been playing OOTP for only a couple of years, but my greatest accomplishment is commishing/starting multiple leagues and feeling successful with them.
3. Why did you pick your CLUB team? What do you think will be easy with this team, and what might be a challenge? Who or what are you most excited about?
I picked the Mariners because I like them and it's been a while since I played with them in OOTP online. I really like what they've done this past year IRL and I think the OOTP20 version of the Mariners will be a lot easier to deal with.
Short-term goals: clean house and get as many young guys into the farm as possible.
Long-term goals: figure out which young guys will be worth keeping long-term, and start building a contender in a couple of years.
5. WS prediction?
This year? Dodgers over Rays, which is funny because I think these two GMs have been involved in a lot of WS recently.
Not really, I'm glad to be here!
Thanks everyone!
You're welcome.

Zeg

Post by Zeg » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:10 pm

My name is Zach and I live in central Massachusetts. I am an Assistant VP for the Merchant Services department at a community bank in the area. MY favorite team is the Red Sox, which I gave up in order to become the Giants.

I've purchase OOTP the past 10 years, however I took about a 5 year break from online leagues in the middle of them. I've been back for about 2 years now, and enjoying it greatly. Can't say I've had too much success thus far outside of a playoff berth in the Club my first season.

I was the Red Sox, which is my favorite team, prior to the restart, but I am now taking over the Giants. I honestly don't know much about the Giants which is part of the reason I chose them. I have never played as the Giants in an OOTP league, so it should be fun to fall in love with some prospects again.

Trade for Bo Bichette. Maybe try and win some games, but Bo is more important to me.

5. WS prediction?

Yankees v. Pirates

I was a ghost for a while on slack, but with work being slow I should have a little more time again.

Ryan_Cardinals_GM

Post by Ryan_Cardinals_GM » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:13 pm

My name is Ryan Morneau, I'm 35 years old. I deal with depression, anxiety I've been going to a doctor for 10-12 years now. I havnt been able to hold down a job so I'm disabled. I live in Maine and my favorite baseball team is the Boston Red Sox but I like all New England teams from the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins. I watch most of the sporting events with my wife of 6 years though she doesn't like basketball. I'm been playing in and out since High School 16 years ago. My 1st year playing OOTP I won it all playing as the Cardinals. I havnt played since OOTP18 so just getting back into things.I picked the Cardinals because I feel I have a good shot of winning with them in the short team and it's the 1st team I was many years ago. The long term goals is to form a solid farm system while trying to be as competitive as I can be. I dont have a Workd Series prediction but I do think the Dodgers have the best shot in the NL and I like a few teams in the AL who I feel could easily make it like the Yankees, Astros, and Red Sox. I play Mogul as well but to me and most everyone who've played both OOTP is so much better.

I wish everyone the best and let's have some fun.

joryBlueJays

Post by joryBlueJays » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 pm

1. Tell us about yourself!
Howdy. I am 21 years old and live in Powassan, Ontario. I currently work as a laptop repair tech. I am a lifelong fan of both the Leafs and Blue Jays and as such, suffer from low self esteem and lack of self worth. Another fun fact is that I have Tourrettes syndrome which causes me to twitch (tics) steadily. Fun!

I have been playing since OOTP 17 but have only really been playing nonstop since 18. As for my favorite achievement, it has to be winning the World Series in the ABL. Such a fluke but I'm still stupidly proud of it.

I'm a jays fan. Pretty much the reason why. Building a fantastic offense should be quite easy for me but pitching will be damn near impossible to come across. Vladdy will for sure be exciting but I'm really most excited about Nate Pearson. Legendary.

Tank (SORRY). Long term I'd like to eventually build a competitive mainly with the draft and free agency.

5. WS prediction?
Mariners over Nationals

I am single and ready to mingle. Hide your wives.

scottishbronco

Post by scottishbronco » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi folks, my name is Duncan Keary and I am a 35 year old sound and lighting technician at a medium sized venue/community centre from Scotland. I discovered baseball during my early teen's during some insomnia periods and began to follow the Rockies because I am a Denver Broncos fan and to stay in the same state made sense :lol:

So I had my first taste of online sim baseball using other browser based games and my first venture into the OOTP world was in 16. I still have my second save with the Rockies winning back to back pennants though i cannot say legitimately :oops: *insert ctrl+alt+del meme here* but hey, i was using it as a learning experience :ugeek:

3.Why did you pick your CLUB team? What do you think will be easy with this team, and what might be a challenge? Who or what are you most excited about?

I have not long arrived at my new home here in Texas and I am grateful for the opportunity to learn my trade here with the Rangers. Back home in Scotland they are my favourite soccer team...yes I am that passionate about my sports but don't buy into the whole ugly side of things.

Our short term goal is to remain competitive over the first couple of seasons and then once my knowledge increases I would really like to see us pushing for the playoffs on a regular basis.

5. WS prediction?

Too early to call and really not knowledgeable enough to predict.

I am very happy to be part of this fantastic league and I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all...and please go easy on the new guy :?
2020 CLUB WS Runner Up vs LAD