2024 Media Day

Post articles here about your team or the CLUB.
Andrejs

2024 Media Day

Post by Andrejs » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:52 am

The 2024 season has begun! Due to some miscommunication between the MLB and the media, Media Day has arrived a little later than usual this year. But as I like to say, better late than never! Please respond to these questions and feel free to reply to others! Participation in these types of things is an easy way to enhance the league experience for everyone involved!

1) Who was your biggest addition this offseason, and what do they bring to your organization?

2) What would your biggest critic say about your offseason?

3) Which prospect(s) are you most excited about in your organization, and will they see big league action this year?

4) What is one of your main goals this season? Are you trying to win it all, build up your farm system, improve on last year, or something completely else? Please share!

5) HOT TAKE! Make a bold prediction for the 2024 season. This can be about a team's performance or a player's performance.

6) Random question: what is one of your New Year's Resolutions?

7) What baseball team do you root for in real life (MLB or other league)?

8) Who is your favorite baseball player in real life (MLB or other league)?

9) Who wins your division this year and why?

10) Predict the World Series participants and winner.

Andrejs

Re: 2024 Media Day

Post by Andrejs » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 am

Los Angeles Angels 2024 Media Day

1) Who was your biggest addition this offseason, and what do they bring to your organization?
During Spring Training, we signed SP Julio Urias. We entered the offseason not expecting to sign a quality SP, but we couldn't resist when we saw he was still available at a discounted price at the beginning of Spring Training. Urias will round out a pitching staff that we believe will be instrumental to our success again this season.

The bullpen was certainly a question mark heading into the offseason after losing Josh Hader and Dinelson Lamet. However, we feel like we made a couple of smart signings in free agency and filled a couple of other holes with guys from our minor leagues. Some of these guys have zero or barely any major league experience so they will have to be monitored closely.

3) Which prospect(s) are you most excited about in your organization, and will they see big league action this year?
We're excited about a bunch of guys this season! During the offseason, a lot of our SP prospects made major improvements, evidenced by their rise on the Top Prospects list. Pitchers Andy McGuire, Sergio Estrada, Jacob Meador, Makenzie Stills, and Miguelangel Boadas will all begin in AA this season as they continue to develop. I don't envision any of these guys seeing big league action this year, but if injuries occur and any of these guys are tearing it up in the minors, then they will certainly be considered. It's unlikely all of these guys will develop into quality starters, but if they somehow do, then this rotation will be fun to watch for years to come.

4) What is one of your main goals this season? Are you trying to win it all, build up your farm system, improve on last year, or something completely else? Please share!
We are certainly trying to win another World Series this season. A third championship in four seasons would solidify our team as a dynasty, which I think is every GM's dream.

5) HOT TAKE! Make a bold prediction for the 2024 season. This can be about a team's performance or a player's performance.
Each of the past 3 seasons we've had a different player finish in the top 2 for the Cy Young. So my bold take is that we will have a 4th different player finish in the top 2 for the Cy Young this season.

I want to eat healthier and expand on my cooking skills.

I root for the Cleveland Indians, or soon to be Cleveland something else, in real life.

As a Cleveland fan, I would have to say that Shane Bieber is my favorite player right now. He is so dominant and such a joy to watch.

I'm going to bet on myself here and say that we end up winning the division. However, it is going to be a battle the entire season and I wouldn't be surprised if the division ends in a tie.

I'm going to bet on myself again and say that we end up in the World Series. In the series, we will defeat the Los Angeles Dodgers in 6 games.

alexsheft

Post by alexsheft » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:50 pm

Andrejs wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:52 am
The 2024 season has begun! Due to some miscommunication between the MLB and the media, Media Day has arrived a little later than usual this year. But as I like to say, better late than never! Please respond to these questions and feel free to reply to others! Participation in these types of things is an easy way to enhance the league experience for everyone involved!

Overall, due to budget constraints, we didn't really make any major moves, instead trusting in continued performance from our current roster.

We may have not made enough active efforts to improve in a tough division.

Although he isn't our highest ranked prospect, I'm excited to see what Tyler Callihan can do. He should have a chance sometime this year.

I'm confident we can make the playoffs, and we'll take it from there.

I think Judson Fabian will have an even better year than Wander Franco.

I'm not sure. I haven't thought about it a whole lot yet.

SF Giants.

Madison Bumgarner or Shohei Ohtani.

It's hard to bet against the Angels. They have a stacked roster and the money to make further improvements.

Astros over Reds.

aaron

Post by aaron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:13 pm

My biggest "addition" may be the lack of a subtraction: Manny Machado did not opt out, and I feel like his contract is reasonable. We are happy to have him for the next few years.
That I was pretty quiet this offseason, and you can't be quiet in the AL Champ division.
Hanoian is my top prospect and in AAA. I may have to move Machado around a bit to make room for him, but for now he'll stay in the minors. However, I'm very excited about the development of my next best prospect, Chris Carlson.
I'm trying to win it all! This might be my best team out of my four leagues, albeit in a very tough division. But I think/hope we have enough to make the playoffs and make some noise once we get there.
Every team in my division finishes .500 or better.
After this year, I'm just happy to make it through a day at a time.
Seattle Mariners
This is tough. I don't really have a favorite player per se, but I am a big fan of Marco Gonzales and Mitch Haniger.
I legitimately hope it is us again. Because we did last year.
Brewers over Indians.