2026 Post All-Star Break Media Day

Post articles here about your team or the CLUB.
Andrejs

2026 Post All-Star Break Media Day

Post by Andrejs » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:51 pm

As we enter the second half of the 2026 season, please respond to these questions and reply to others! Participation in these types of things adds to the league experience! If you don't have access to the forums yet, feel free to copy these questions and give your answers in the #news_links channel.

1) What's something your team has been doing well so far?

2) What's something you hope your team improves upon in the second half?

3) What's been the biggest surprise with your team so far?

4) What's a hot take you have for the second half of the season? This can be about any team or player in the league.

5) Do you have any exciting prospects that may make their debuts later this season?

6) Who wins your division this year and why?

7) Predict the World Series participants and winner.

8) Who wins the real life World Series, Braves or Astros?

khlod

Re: 2026 Post All-Star Break Media Day

Post by khlod » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:25 am

I'll answer that call!

Maybe not by answering those questions, but to give a bit of what's going on here!

Since I've been playing OOTP, I've been learning a whole lot of news ways to manage a team.

These Dodgers are a reflection of my old OOTP self, trying to reproduce RL Dodgers. But now it's 2026 and I gotta think about future, and shoud've look ahead of that long before. There are still remenants of ex-DGs over here, but soon, we will be MY own whole Dodgers. I'M looking close on drafts picks coming and even if it means a few years in the lower divisions, we will eventually regain a kind of supremacy...

(...hope never hurted anyone!!)

The bad contrats, (lot's made by ME!) has drag us down, not taking good care of player development has cost us a lot.

Still kind of shocked by our donward start this season, but once again, I should have known...we we're going this way last year anyway.

Pretty happy by latests moves though, and would love to do a few more. It's pretty hard to get a deal done over here, as it's a pretty quiet league...

Even if RL Dodgers has been eliminated, like whole america: LET'S GO BRAVES!

Happy World Series, CLUB.

Andrejs

Re: 2026 Post All-Star Break Media Day

Post by Andrejs » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 pm

1) What's something your team has been doing well so far?
Our pitching has rebounded from last season as we're at least Top 4 in every major category. I hope this level can be sustained through the end of the season.

2) What's something you hope your team improves upon in the second half?
The offense has been somewhat of a disappointment. Then again, we play in arguably the hardest division so opposing pitchers are expected to be tough. I think our second half schedule is easier than the first, so hopefully some guys get hot soon.

3) What's been the biggest surprise with your team so far?
I believe old age is starting to set in for Mike Trout. He's 34 years old now and he's still playing really well, but not the MVP-level he sustained for a few years. He's still posting strong defensive metrics, but moving him to the DH or LF could be in the cards soon.

4) What's a hot take you have for the second half of the season? This can be about any team or player in the league.
Juan Soto will set the WAR record by a batter for this league!

5) Do you have any exciting prospects that may make their debuts later this season?
SPs Carlos Rodriguez and Dionisio Alti are at AAA currently and could make their debuts later this season if any injuries occur or the current SPs need some extra rest.

6) Who wins your division this year and why?
I'm gonna go with the Mariners. No one seems to be able to stop them lately.

7) Predict the World Series participants and winner.
Mariners vs Giants. Mariners win it all in 6 games.

8) Who wins the real life World Series, Braves or Astros?
Braves!!!