2032 WORLD SERIES!!!

Post articles here about your team or the CLUB.
Chris_SFG

2032 WORLD SERIES!!!

Post by Chris_SFG » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:18 pm

2032 WORLD SERIES!

Featuring the last the team with the best record from each conference. STL looking to be the first team with back-to-back championships since the Yankees in 1999-2000. BAL looking for their 3rd championship in 6 years. Two heavyweight teams, two potential dynasties, but only one champion.

BAL:
101-61 record with a +200 run differential
Biggest Strength: Starting pitching. Puga, Duensing, and Merritt have pitched well this postseason and are a big reason they are in the World Series. BAL has won all but one game that the offense has scored 4+ runs. Where the starting pitching goes, so go the O’s.
Biggest Weakness: Relief pitching. Although their backend guys in Martinez, Oregel, Carter had good to great years, they have all struggled so far this postseason, with Oregel and Martinez both blowing big games for them. They will need those guys to set up if they want to beat STL.
Key Pitcher for the Series: RP Martinez. BAL is switching it up and having Martinez close. He will need to pitch some big innings against STL and they cannot afford to have more blown saves.
Key Hitter for the Series: Many hitters are struggling on the BAL offense right now, but perhaps none more disappointing than 1B Parrish. If you remember back to 2029, Parrish’s rookie season, he went on a tear in the playoffs, hitting .355/.388/.806 with 8 HR in 14 games. So far this postseason? .161/.278/.387 in 9 games. Hitting 2nd in the order, he will need to pick up the pace to get the BAL offense going, or they will be living on a prayer.

STL:
108-54 record with a +242 run differential
Biggest Strength: Home field advantage. This is the OOTP version of the current Phillies team that does not lose at home. They won 71.6% of their home games, and have won all 5 games at home these playoffs. With home field advantage, they will win it all even if they only win their home games.
Biggest Weakness: #3-4 starting pitchers – Del Rosario and Schwab. Del Rosario pitched a solid game against SF, but then got shelled in game 3 against PHI, so he is a bit Jekyll and Hyde. Meanwhile Schwab got rocked in his first playoff start as a rookie. They need those guys to at least keep them in the game.
Key Pitcher in the Series: SP Del Rosario. With Attene and Coronado likely to keep them in their starts, they need the good version of Del Rosario to step up against BAL.
Key Hitter in the Series: Cayden Wallace. With Lewis, Cates, and Werner hitting in front of him he will see plenty of guys on base, they will need him to drive some guys in with some clutch hits.

Position by Position Comparison:
SP: BAL rotation goes 4 solid deep, whereas STL has a lot more uncertainty after Attene and Coronado.
Advantage: BAL
RP: STL has a much deeper BP that has performed well this October
Advantage: STL
C: I like Boychuk and his consistent defense and hot bat right now over the combo of Bart/Funk
Slight Advantage: BAL
1B: The basic platoon between Parrish and Hays is an effective one, and one I trust more than Wallace who struggled this year.
2B: Royce Lewis has been a force at the top of the STL lineup all year, with 16 HR and 24 SB and solid defense. Give me him over Pie.
3B: Both Wallace and Lainez have both had great careers thus far, but with Lainez’s sophomore year being a disappointment, I will take the veteran Wallace here.
SS: I am assuming Flores gets the start over the hot SS Davison here. Flores appears to be the superior player here, and furthermore he has a much better postseason track record than Reyes.
LF: Moncada is a very solid leadoff guy, but no doubt Cates takes the cake here.
CF: Gramajo has had an up and down career while Villalobos and been a perennial All-Star since coming up.
RF: This is a close one between the platoon of Trammell/Banda and Shaver. Shaver has the best defense, and Trammell the better offense, while Banda is effectually a zero. I’ll take Shaver and his defense here since Trammell does not play against lefties.
Slight Advantage: BAL
DH: While Hetzel is an All-Star caliber player, Werner led the league in OPS at .990.

Advantage Count: STL - 5/BAL - 6

Summary: These are two great teams with a history of postseason pedigree. STL had the better regular season, but BAL has a strong history of success in the postseason. There are clear advantages to both teams, and very few weaknesses to nitpick. It is worth noting that STL did go 3-0 vs BAL this year. Ultimately, I think that STL front rotation and strong home field advantage, along with a lethal offense, will be tough to stop.
Prediction: STL over BAL in 7