2019 Inaugural Media Day

Post articles here about your team or the CLUB.
alexsheft

2019 Inaugural Media Day

Post by alexsheft » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 am

As we begin the inaugural season of our reboot, I thought it would be great to share a little about ourselves and what our hopes are for our (possibly new) CLUB teams. Please take some time before the season begins to answer these questions:

1. Tell us about yourself! What's your name/Where are you from/What do you like to do outside OOTP/What's your favorite MLB team?
2. How long have you been playing OOTP, and what's your greatest OOTP accomplishment so far?
3. Why did you pick your CLUB team? What do you think will be easy with this team, and what might be a challenge? Who or what are you most excited about?
4. What short and/or long term goals do you have for your team?
5. WS prediction?
6. Anything else you want to share, or that we should know?

Thanks everyone!

Papasmith

Re: 2019 Inaugural Media Day

Post by Papasmith » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am

This is a great idea!

My name is Chad Smith most my friends call me Smitty. I’m from Grand Rapids Michigan. Home of the West Michigan Whitecaps. I’m a truck driver mostly local I’ve been at my company 22 years now.

My favorite team is the Tigers. I have an old English D tattooed on my right arm. I’ve been playing potpourri since 09 if I had to guess. Only a couple of seasons in the CLB. Someday maybe I’ll get some rivalries.

Outside of baseball I’m a competitive pistol shooter.

With my Tigers I’m looking forward to developing some of the young talent in the minors Mize,Manning, Rogers etc. The hardest task I see at hand are surviving Miggys joke of a contract and judging by this year winning 60 games in the first season.

That’s me in a nutshell. I look forward to reading these.

Zach

Post by Zach » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:21 pm

I'm Zach K, grew up in Minneapolis/St Paul but now live in Baltimore. Outside of OOTP I work a lot, cook a bit, and brew beer when I get a chance. My favorite baseball team to watch on TV is the Twins, but as for going in person my favorite team to see is the Orioles. Just can't beat Camden Yards.

I've had an interest in OOTP for years, but this is the first year I finally buckled down to get past the interface and play the game. I think my best accomplishment is rebuilding the Orioles to be 2025 WS champs.

I picked the Os here because I love the team and want a challenge. Easy will be drafting, lots of good players available at 1st overall. Literally everything else is gonna be a challenge. I'm excited to see them not suck though.

Short term goal is to free up the roster spot Chris Davis takes. Long term is to achieve promotion to the top tier.

As for a WS, I'm feeling a Milwaukee/Yankees series.

bradymac24

Post by bradymac24 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:27 pm

1. Tell us about yourself! What's your name/Where are you from/What do you like to do outside OOTP/What's your favorite MLB team?

My name is Brady McKenzie. I'm from the Pittsburgh area and am I die hard Pirates fan. Outside of OOTP I am what you could call a "Craft Beer Enthusiast."

2. How long have you been playing OOTP, and what's your greatest OOTP accomplishment so far?

I'm about a year and a half into my OOTP career. It all began here in the CLUB when I found Aaron on the OOTP boards. Bless Aaron, Bless. As for success in OOTP I'd rather not say because I have pretty much sucked!

3. Why did you pick your CLUB team? What do you think will be easy with this team, and what might be a challenge? Who or what are you most excited about?

I picked the Nats because of the young Core they have. This is the first team in my OOTP career where I have had a playoff team basically given to me so I'm excited top hopefully not miss the playoffs often now. Previously I have started with the 2018 Pirates, 2018 Reds, and the 2042 Giants (That team also sucked) So I'm hoping starting with a good team can teach me how to stay good?

Short term goal- Make the playoffs. Long Term Goal- Don't miss the playoffs and win a Championship in the near future.

5. WS prediction?

Dodgers/Houston @JohnnyMac can we please be friends again, I'm sorry about Machado!

Yeah, @CMAC is a trash OOTPer.

Sundevill99

Post by Sundevill99 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Hello - my name is Creig M. I’ve always been known in the sports world as cmac. I was born right outside of Detroit, Michigan - city called Farmington Hills. I moved to Massachusetts when I was in 6th grade. Hated the Northeast...left and went to play baseball ⚾️/Football @ Ohio Wesleyan before transferring to Univ. of S. Carolina. I live in Spartanburg, SC now.
I have two daughters who do competitive cheerleading. So most of my time is spent shuffling one, or both, of them to/from practice. My oldest daughter is 90% sure she is going to Florida State Seminoles next year and will be on the cheer team.
I’m a die hard baseball fan - favorite team is Detroit, with a close second as Arizona.
Been playing OOTP for three years now, and the CLuB was my 1st ever online league!

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Snake. Born and raised in the Detroit area. Like to get outside when possible but a 3-year old tyrant currently runs my life. Tigers, naturally.

Since OOTP4 so 15 years or so? I run 4 leagues and am a participant in 8 others. I'm most proud of my NBL League, we started with the 1901 Season to re-write history and are currently set to start 1950 so we're celebrating 50 Seasons

I originally picked the Phils because of Machado and promptly won the PRO League in my first year. Got promoted and then had a disastrous season that would have left me relegated. I've got the Phils for the reboot and I don't believe i've ever had Bryce on a team so i look forward to building around him and getting them competitive

Short term and long term are always the same: WIN and win a lot

5. WS prediction?

Houston vs. Philly, we'll see who the better MAC is ;)

I second the notion, @CMAC is a trash OOTPer.

irishmac473

Post by irishmac473 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:58 pm

My Name is Caleb McCaffery. I’m originally from Grand Island, Nebraska. When I got out of the Marine Corps 20 years ago I moved to Lincoln, Nebraska and have been here since. If I was a big college football fan that’d be cool. Just celebrated 19 years of marriage and have two kids. One will be graduating this year. I work for BNSF railroad as a freight conductor. I spend a lot of time in hotels which is perfect for sim sports gaming. I’ve been a cubs fan for about 18 years now. I also enjoy watching Hockey (Red Wings) and Soccer (Sporting KC). Outside of OOTP I’m a computer nerd and when I’m motivated enough I enjoy oly weight lifting.

I’m pretty new to OOTP. Like 2 weeks new. I’m not new to sim sports. I have been playing Football Manager for about 5 years.

The Royals were my 2nd choice in team. I follow them a little bit because they’re the local team and always on TV here. If I were to watch the American League they’d be the team I’d support. They will be a definite challenge with some terrible contracts and sub-par farm system.

They’ve been rebuilding so I guess I’ll be continuing that with hopes of actually making them competitive in the next couple of years.

Dodgers/Yankees

Jon's Brew Crew

Post by Jon's Brew Crew » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Name's Jonathan. I'm from the same small-ish town as Khlod : Sherbrooke, QC, though I've moved to Montreal almost 10 years ago. I work as a warehouse supervisor in the entertainment industry. Basically we do prep, maintenance, set up and shipping of the video/lighting/audio/rigging gear that goes on some of the bigger shows in the world. Outside of work and OOTP, I'm a simple guy who enjoys craft beers and spending time with friends and family.

Been playing OOTP on and off since OOTP 6, but just finally got into online leagues a couple of years ago. Not that many accomplishments so far, I guess getting to game 7 in the WS, or being promoted to the top league in the original CLUB would qualify.

I hope I'm not wrong thinking the Padres got a strong stable of prospects. Otherwise I have no idea why I chose them. I imagine being stuck behind an unstoppable opponent in LAD is my idea of fun.

Always striving to make the playoffs, no matter the team. I don't really know the roster, so no idea yet where I have to upgrade. Maybe my main goal should be to get accustomed to the Padres first..

5. WS prediction?
Dodgers over Angels in a classic CLUB matchup

Please don't career-end my top SP prospect this time

MiaGM

Post by MiaGM » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:07 pm

My name is Justin Jones. I am originally from Kansas City, MO but currently live in Connecticut. Im a Royals fan. I'm in the Navy and am getting out in November.

Ive been playing ootp since 2017. My greatest accomplishment was winning back to back GBL WS championship.

I amy be moving to Colorado so I am wanting to learn about the team in my prospective area.

4.a Win the WS
4.b Keep winning WS

5. WS prediction?

COL wins

Byron-MarlinsGM

Post by Byron-MarlinsGM » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:40 pm

My name is Byron Ivey and I am from Lubbock Texas. For those College Basketball and Baseball followers its the home of the Texas Tech Red Raiders. I am a Texas State Trooper (Highway Patrolman). I have worked for the Department for over 17 years now and my speciality is DWI enforcement. I am married and have four kids ranging from 8 to 19. My spare time is spent taking the 3 of them everywhere, while teaching a 15 year old to drive (say a prayer, its scary). Other than that I enjoy working in my yard and shop, picking on my kids (they need it), and working out.

I have been playing longer than I can remember, maybe 12 years if not longer. I have been a commissioner a couple of times but kids came and missed that up (joking). I have won maybe 3 or 4 championships along the way.

Why did I pick my team... Well, I really bounced back and forth on my 1 and 2 choices (considered changing things up) but I am a die hard Miami Marlins fan (I know, its sad). It all started in 93 when Baseball expanded. My best friend was a die hard braves fan and I just loved baseball. So when Florida came along in the NL east I was like that is my team, no one can say I jumped on the band wagon, plus if gave us something to give each other a hard time about. Of course that is when the Braves kept running the likes of Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and John Smotlz at us... But hey its been my team from the good to the bad. I called in sick to work to watch the 97 series (don't tell on me).

Well, I was hoping for post trade deadline rosters, but hey it is what it is... Short term goals, same as long term because its going to be long term. But just keep building this team up. My other league I have manged to get the team to .500 in my second season so we shall see if I can duplicate that.

5. WS prediction?
I am with the group I think Dodgers and Astros but who knows with injuries and trades...

6. Anything else you want to share, or that we should know
Just purchased 10 archers of land, in the middle of trying to sell my house... So at anytime my scheduled will be turned upside down! Plan is to by a travel trailer until we can build our house.