Recapping amateur FAs

aaron

Recapping amateur FAs

Post by aaron » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:12 pm

There was some confusion about the signing of Noble, an amateur FA SP, and I wanted to clarify the situation and how we are moving forward:

What happened:
- Noble entered the league in early July. He was only visible (to some or all teams, I do not know) via the player search function.
- He entered the FA pool and became visible to everyone by the August 10th file.
- He was signed by Cincinnati thereafter.

What we did:
- Upon recognizing that it is possible for players to be hidden, yet able to be signed, before entering the FA pool, the leadership committee and I determined that in the future, amateurs will not be eligible to be signed until they appear to everyone in the FA pool.
- Bear in mind that this isn't what happened with Noble--he was visible and available to everyone for at least one file--this rule is simply being put in place to prevent future conflict.

Moving forward:
- For now, he will enforce the rule as it has been established: FA must be visible to everyone before they can be signed.
- However, apparently this "hidden" feature is intentional by Marcus and OOTP (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/s ... p?t=264932). Once we implement scouts, the LC and I will reconvene and readdress the "hidden FA" situation.