The Bronze Slugger Awards 2019

Simon_Padres

The Bronze Slugger Awards 2019

Post by Simon_Padres » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:05 pm

In baseball we give awards to those who have excelled. Best manager, Gold Gloves, Silver Sluggers are all great awards that we love to vote on and debate. It also makes us feel vindicated in our choices as GM when one of our players win one of these awards.

These are not those type of awards! I present to you the following award: The Bronze Slugger Award - These players couldn't hit a beach ball with a paddle off a tee. They are ghosts on the base-paths and they are never winded because they don't hit more than singles. Please GM's tell these players to ride some pine meat!

(Qualifications (350PA minimum: I used OPS because I thought it to be the easiest measurement of how well a batter performed. There are of course a lot better metrics to be used when judging the value of a hitter, but for the Bronze Slugger Award we want to recognize those who underperformed against their peers quickly. Also, to qualify for the position you had to play more than half your games at the position. Let me know if you find one that I overlooked and we will rip this coveted trophy right out of the player's trophy case and give it to someone more deserving!)

Champion Division

C BOS - Christian Vazquez .556 OPS
1b WAS - Ryan Zimmerman .614 OPS
2b ARI - Forrest Wall .695 OPS
SS ARI - Amed Rosario .649 OPS
3b ARI - Ildemaro Vargas .659 OPS
LF NYY - Brett Gardner .710 OPS
CF TB - Kevin Kiermaier .651 OPS
RF ARI - Steven Souza Jr .706 OPS
DH CLE - Edwin Encarnacion .694 OPS

Pro Division

C STL - Yadier Molina .633 OPS
1b KC - Cheslor Cuthbert .708 OPS
2b TEX - Nolan Fontana .725 OPS
SS KC - Adalberto Mondesi .654 OPS
3b MIL - Eduardo Nunez .729 OPS
LF MIN - Eddie Rosario .728 OPS
CF CIN - Billy Hamilton .641 OPS
RF KC - Jorge Bonifacio .657 OPS
DH MIN - Kennys Vargas .613

Fed Division

C PIT - Francisco Cervelli .598 OPS
1b SF - Brandon Belt .739 OPS
2b DET - Dixon Machado .652 OPS
SS BAL - Tim Beckham .588 OPS
3b ATL - Johan Carmargo .746 OPS
LF PIT - Corey Dickerson .648 OPS
CF MIA - Magneuris Sierra .571 OPS
RF BAL - Kyle Lewis .645 OPS
DH SD - Wil Myers .676 OPS

Bronze Slugger Champion: C Christian Vazquez - Who? Exactly! This guy didn't hit for average. He was never on base, and he thought Slugging was something you did when you went into the forest on a damp day in the PNW.

Bronze Slugger Team Champion: Arizona (4) - Someone please tell the Arizona GM that you need to score to win!

Special Shout Out to : C Francisco Cervelli who not only can't field, but he can't hit either. He's racking up some hardware!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:05 pm.