Introductions!

aaron

Introductions!

Post by aaron » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:46 pm

As we are nearing the start of the CLUB, I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce ourselves and get to know each other. Feel free to respond and tell us about yourself!
Some possible talking points:

- Name
- Favorite MLB team
- Best baseball memory
- OOTP experience
- Anything else you might want to share (experience with baseball or other professional sports, current profession, etc.)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting started!

-Aaron

aaron

Re: Introductions!

Post by aaron » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm Aaron, your league commissioner. I'm excited to be here and see this idea I've had come to life. I grew up in the Seattle area and a Mariners fan. Currently, I live in Spokane, WA and am completing graduate studies at Eastern Washington University (Google their football field). My OOTP experience is actually limited. I've only been playing the game for about a year, but it has consumed my life during that time. I love the complexity of it.

My lack of long-time experience is a reason I've established a leadership committee of more experienced GMs to help me as commissioner. However, I can assure you that I bring strengths that will aid in your experience of this league: I am consistent, active, and reliable. I have attention to detail and like to think of potential issues before they become problems. I also feel that I am an open communicator; if you ever have concerns, please come to me directly. I will provide you my feedback and bring it to the attention to the leadership committee, if necessary.

Thanks guys. I'm glad you're here!

joryBlueJays

Post by joryBlueJays » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:00 am

Hello, my name is Jory. I am a 19 year old from nothernish Ontario.

I am a huge blue jays fanand even more so, a huge Osuna fan. Last season depressed me a lot.

My best baseball memory is either the wildcard walk-off or osuna's 4 or 5 out save in one of the postseason games.

I've been playing ootp for around a year and am pretty terrible at it. I enjoy trying out "interesting" tactics that usually won't work but that's the fun of it!

I'm weird as hell. Anybody in the ABL can confirm this.

bowsflow

Post by bowsflow » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 am

Hello, My name is Brennan and i'm a 24 year old Canadian who lives on the west coast. I'm a big time jays fan of course.

I have been playing OOTP Baseball for about the last four iterations but have never played in a online league, so i'm quite excited to tackle my first. I'm optimistically hoping to be to avoid relegation this season(bit of a stretch). You can expect me to be pretty active as I work on my computer and i'm online most of the time.

PS. Don't even message me about Arenado, you have no chance.

strzepeksc

Post by strzepeksc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:14 am

Steve Strzepek
A die hard Yankee fan living in Ormond Beach, Florida for the last 14 years after retiring from Corning Inc in Corning , NY
I umpire slow pitch softball and work part time as a starter/cart attendant at Prestwick Golf Course where I live on a par three hole #4 and hear golf balls hit my house occasionally !!! I Commish two leagues in OOTP since OOTP 3 came out.
I will attend the Miami-NYY game this summer and head over to Tampa in September to watch the Yanks clinch. Best baseball memory was at Camden Yards attending a Yankee game when announcer Tommy Davis interviewed me in a short 30 second take on the big screen !!! My bucket list contains 18 Major league ballparks attending games with one in Japan watching the Tokyo Giants! I hope to hit them all before I die.........but time is running out as I am 68 years old!!!
Steve Strzepek
NY Yankees GM
strzepeksc@gmail.com

sglieden

Post by sglieden » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:07 am

What up people! My name is Scott I’m a 27 year old ginger living at the Jersey Shore currently. Don’t worry I’m not in the business of stealing souls and I don’t first pump. Currently I’m a beast at delivering groceries for Peapod and enrolled in The Scouting Academy this summer to hopefully one day land my dream job in an NFL team’s front office. Big Mets fan we are better than the Yankees fer sure. I’ve played ootp for a few years with mixed success and my Reds will one day come in 3rd place of the bottom league!

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:34 am

I'm John. I am a Cardinals fan, been to a few games. My favorite memory is watching Pujols hit a game winning homer ( it was the 7th inning, but they were trailing that game) over me and my cousin's head at Busch vs the Cubs,which was awesome for me since he is a Cubs fan.
I'm new to this game, just getting it for the first time this year and this is my first online league also. I have played Baseball Mogul in the past, but not online, and this game is way more in depth. Looking forward to seeing how this all works, and I am already spending a lot of time figuring out this game.
St Louis GM

benjiguigui

Post by benjiguigui » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:08 am

Hey, i'm Benjamin, à 22 years old french player who live in the north. My english is limited but i try to do my best. I'm a lefty pitcher and first base, i'm umpire too and coach.

I am a DBacks fan and Goldschmidt and Corbin fan. My best baseball memories is Wild Card last year, Colorado versus DBacks with Bradley triple and Rodney save (thank's he go to twin's). Personaly my best baseball experience was play in first french division and french national team as pitcher.

My OOTP expérience start 2 years ago. I play only with DBacks (thank's Greinke contract for complicated the game).

Vive la France et les baguettes

michael - rays

Post by michael - rays » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Hey, my name is Michael Edelman. I'm a third generation Red Sox fan from Western, New York. My favorite baseball memory is probably the 2004 Red Sox season. I've been playing OOTP online for five or so years. I work with healthcare and human services agencies to improve the services that they provide to vulnerable populations who aren't currently getting good health outcomes.

I'm excited to be a part of this league and like the promotion/relegation format. I look forward to trying to turn around the Rays franchise. I've played them in a few other leagues and they're always a fun team.

dres48

Post by dres48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Hey, I'm Daniel from Jersey. I am a diehard Mets fan, but majority of family goes to college in Boston leading to the Red Sox bandwagon. One of my favorite baseball memories was watching Jeryus Familia walking out in a full house to strike out A-Roid in the top of the 9TH. My other favorite was making a sliding catch in the deep right-center field. This is my second-year play OOTP.