2019 Trade Deadline Media Day

Simon_Padres

Re: 2019 Trade Deadline Media Day

Post by Simon_Padres » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 am

1. How did your deadline go overall?

Was there a deadline? We made no moves. I had been talking with a couple of teams about a player but never got more than a nibble. I didn't see that we needed to definitely add as I think we have a lot of depth currently and we didn't want to sell the farm.

2. What didn't you get done that you had hoped to do?

Nothing, I had hoped to move one more guy off of our ML roster for a few prospects.

3. Who has been your most pleasant surprise so far? Biggest disappointment?

SP Brent Honeywell. He was in AAA when I took the team over and thought he was more than ready for the ML. He has even done better than my expectations. Biggest disappointment has been Daniel Hudson, his ratings look too good for the way he's pitched.

4. Which acquisition (if any) are you most excited about? Which departure will hurt the most?

Made no acquisitions

5. How has your farm changed since the start of the year? Trending up, down, or about the same?

I think my farm is trending upwards a tiny bit. I added Steele Walker, and a pair of Diaz's earlier this year.

6. What are your goals for the second half (both player performances as well as team)?

I'd like to see the lineup even out a bit more, one guy gets hot, then one goes cold. If they can be more consistent I think we have the pitching to make a playoff bid. I've also called up Rooker and would like to see him solidify my 1b and move Vogey to DH.

7. Which trade were you most surprised by this deadline season?

Harper; when you have a MVP talent on your team locked up for years to come you add around them and hope it works out, says some baseball minds, I tend to agree.

8. Which teams have improved the most since the start of the year?

Braves

9. What's your updated World Series prediction?

Dodgers over the Mets (the darling of the club)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 am.