2021 Media Day

alexsheft

2021 Media Day

Post by alexsheft » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:53 am

Little belated, but noticed no one put this up yet! Please take some time and answer the following questions about your team.

1. In general, how did the offseason go?
2. What's the most significant change you made to your team?
3. Who are you going to miss the most off of last years team?
4. If you're in a lower division, how long til you see yourself getting promoted to the top?
5. Whose the worst player in the league? The one player you hate. The one player you wish a career ending injury to every day? Has it changed from last year?
6. What's your greatest moment in the CLUB last season?
7. Who is your biggest CLUB rival, and, will they win your division or finish ahead of you?
8. Who do you envision finishing top 2 in the FED, PRO, and Champions league?
9. CLUB World Series prediction. Who is playing and who is winning.

aaron

Re: 2021 Media Day

Post by aaron » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 am

I thought it went really well. I didn't see a lot in FA, but rebuilt my farm by taking on money and trading pieces that I didn't see as very useful.

Probably my decision to move #1 prospect Cantu. I didn't see him as a generational talent, and got some players I think can be very good regulars in the future.

Making CLB teams angry when they lose to me.

4. If you're in a lower division, how long til you see yourself getting promoted to the top?

Two-three years.

5. Whose the worst player in the league? The one player you hate. The one player you wish a career ending injury to every day? Has it changed from last year?

I don't hate or wish injuries on players, but it is well documented that I think Alex Bregman is overrated.

Getting relegated.

7. Who is your biggest CLUB rival, and, will they win your division or finish ahead of you?

I honestly don't really have one right now. Kyle is all talk. Simon and I have had a good number of exchanges. I used to be the GM in Seattle. Philly should be really good this year, but I like sparring with them. I think they all finish higher than me, except Seattle.

CLB: LAD, LAA
PRO: PHI, ATL
FED: CWS, TOR

Dodgers over Braves

alexsheft

Post by alexsheft » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:11 am

Decent. We made a lot of moves considering our finish last year, to move salary, get younger, and restock the farm. No real free agent splashes, though Cuban FA Lupe Serrano looks very interesting.

Our lineup is very different (Siddall, Lindor, Trout, Santana are the only returners), and we shipped out Duffy too, but I think our team hasn't changed too much in talent. And, we've got better reinforcements in the minors/trade bait at the deadline.

Brantley or Duffy. Brantley was a great contact bat, and Duffy a solid mid-rotation starter. However, our outfield was getting crowded, and we had lots of pitching depth to replace Duffy. I think I got solid returns for the two rentals.

N/A

Bellinger or Buehler. Killing us every time...

11 inning game 7 WS victory over the Dodgers.

Definitely the Dodgers. I'm pretty sure they'll win the division, but I suppose you never know.

CLB: Dodgers and Angels
PRO: Phillies and Braves
FED: Blue Jays and White Sox

Dodgers over Astros.

Kyle-Braves

Post by Kyle-Braves » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:17 am

Meh. I didn't do much. I wanted to bolster my rotation but failed--not much available in FA. I did pick up Lucroy--he can't catch anymore, but he's hitting really well.

Lucroy maybe?

Danny Salazar

This year.

Ronald Acuna. I'll never forgive him for not plummeting after I traded him.

Winning the FED crown and taking the eventual champ LAA to five games

Simon. He moved back to the Padres for me, and we both moved up this year. Our rivalry is the Carolina-Duke of the PRO. It's Alabama-Auburn. It's Cavs-Warriors. It's Red Sox-Yankees.

CLB: LAD, LAA
PRO: ATL, Somebody else at least five games back
FED: SF, CIN

Braves over Angels

joryBlueJays

Post by joryBlueJays » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:19 am

It was an offseason for sure. Got rid of Arenado which is good.

Arenado is no more.

Definitely not Arenado! Did I even lose anybody? I can't really remember. Justin Smoak I guess. He sucked but he's a cool guy.

2-3 years maybe.

Osuna.
Solarte.
Harper.

Losing the relegation series.

Rangers. I don't think so but you never know.

CLB: LAD, HOU
PRO: PHI, COL
FED: PIT, BAL

Phillies over Houston.

GoMets

Post by GoMets » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:29 am

I just joined the league so I'll answer the first 3.

Tremendous offseason. Extended Conforto and Syndergaard for 5 years. Extending Ramos for 3. DeGrom wants to test free agency, so either a deadline trade or comp pick. Traded Thor to the Phillies for multiple players.

The most significant change was trading Noah Syndergaard to the Phillies to replenish a depleted roster. Hated to lose Thor in his prime, but received 5 major leaguers and 5 really good prospects in the trade, one of which, top prospect Ronny Mauricio (SS), in a bold move will be the Mets' starting SS at 20 years of age as of the next sim. Andres Gimenez moves to 2B and Jose Ramirez to 3B with 25 yr old stud Francisco Mejia behind the plate. Orioles infield of the future starting now. Even with Mauricio losing prospect status, the Mets' farm system moved from #9 to #3 after the trade.

Who are you going to miss the most off of last years team?

Thor.

DavidJ

Post by DavidJ » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:12 pm

1. In general, how did the off-season go?
New to the league and CWS. Objective was to try and re-sign everything of value and then see where things went through the season. based on that, did what I wanted to do in the off-season.

Was challenged by the owner of the team to upgrade at shortstop. Agreed, because it seems a bat was more important than defense throughout the infield under the previous GM (which is fine if you can outscore everyone regularly, but defense helps too). Went out and signed Jose Iglesias, but he blew up right at the end of Spring Training and was lost for the season. So, moved to a Plan B...

I won't miss anyone.

As a FED team, that's a tough question. And as a newcomer to the PRO/REG structure, that makes it even harder to provide an intelligent answer. I would think you would have to time things to align a bunch of talent that could quickly take you from bottom to top and hopefully have a window to succeed in the Champ League. That seems like a tall order, but the first step is to advance from the FED. I would say this year or next the Sox should leave the cellar.

Hostility is counterproductive. And tends to invite karma into the discussion. So, no ill will toward anyone!
Further, how is the "worst" player in the league even a factor in any discussion? I assumed the idea was the player that caused you the most grief (more likely to be among the "best" players in your league I would think).
But, still focused on my own positives instead of dwelling on the negative.

A GM job?

After only a couple of weeks, it would seem we'll get to know Pittsburgh and Toronto quite well.

Outside the FED, not part of my focus! Within the FED I expect us to challenge for one of those two spots.
Kinda why we're all here, right?

Similar answer. Don't care til I'm there! ;)

Jon's Brew Crew

Post by Jon's Brew Crew » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:02 pm

My late addition to this thing

Quietly. Did not make any big moves as I was getting acquainted with my team.

Signing Andrelton Simmons to shore up the defense. Prompted a move from SS to 2B for Dubon, and from 2B to 3B for Barreto. The latter two haven't responded too well to it as of yet, but it seems the pitching staff is benefiting.

I have no idea.

This season's started well but I refuse to believe it yet. Hopefully within three seasons.

I've decided to hate on ex-Brewer Lewis Brinson since he grand slammed me into a late-inning comeback loss last sim.

N/A

I'm gonna guess Atlanta, and of course he is.

I'm 3+ sims after everyone, that would be cheating. Also I'm clueless.

Braves and Dodgers. Braves get humiliated.