Minor League Option Bug

Important topics from the Commissioner.
alexsheft

Minor League Option Bug

Post by alexsheft » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Important Announcement:
I've recently discovered a bug in this league (that is known to have affected other leagues) where players have fewer options available than they should. I do not plan to do this regularly, but in the rare instances where this bug appears, I will look at the situation and add an option year if it is necessary. Between now and opening day, 2022, I will allow everyone to check their players and report any appearances of this glitch. After that, I will reevaluate based on the frequency of recurrence of the issue. If this becomes a regular occurrence (and with no fix in OOTP 20), I may simply force demote players, rather than adding options.

The cause may be demoting players early in Spring Training. From here on out, please only demote players in the final weeks of ST to try and avoid this bug.

Below is a screenshot of what to look for. Please note the two years of 40-man (secondary) service time, but out of options. As players have three option years, it is impossible for this to be true, as two years of service time (in the minor leagues) should only take out two options. If you see anything like this in other players, please don't hesitate to report it.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.41.23 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.41.23 PM.jpg (217.99 KiB) Viewed 158 times