CLUB Announcement

Important topics from the Commissioner.
alexsheft

CLUB Announcement

Post by alexsheft » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi friends,

Seven months ago Aaron (our former commissioner, for those who don't know) stepped down from the league, and I volunteered to replace him. Running this league for the last seven months has been rewarding, and challenging. The LC and I have been considering several issues of late, including parity, GM interest, and recruitment. It's been immensely hard to keep the league full, and moreover it's just not as active as it used to be. We did put the issue of a salary cap to a league vote (which passed). However, based on my conversations with Aaron, the LC, and other concerned league members, I don't believe that this alone will be enough to keep the league fair, fun, and competitive.

Therefore, after the conclusion of the 2023 playoffs, the CLUB will be restarting (or rebooting, if you will) in 2019, with OOTP 20 rosters. Furthermore, to increase league parity, alleviate some of the commissioner workload, and hopefully facilitate recruitment, we will be changing the league format. Instead of our former, "hard" pro/rel system, we will be moving to a "soft" pro/rel, where divisions realign every year based on records of the last three years combined (as is done in another, very long-running and successful OOTP online league). Feel free to discuss this in #general or ask me for further reasoning on this change. I will be releasing a version of our current file with commissioner password 'baseball' after the playoffs, for anyone who wishes to sim offline.

I know this is a big change, and that some of you may not want to stick through it. There will likely be a short break after the playoffs to research the new structure, create the file, and fill the league. We will have a roll call up in the next couple of days to gauge who will be staying with us. We still need to fully iron out details regarding rule changes, as well as a fair way to allow for team switches (if desired).

Thank you all for being part of a great league, and one that I hope will remain strong through this transition.
Alex

goguthriego

Re: CLUB Announcement

Post by goguthriego » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:38 pm

As this shift takes place, will there be an option for us to switch teams, if there's an opening? Not that I don't want the 2019 Royals...but...if the option was there to switch, I'd be interested.